Eligibility criteria for admissions in UG
For admission to BDS (Four year course, Recognized by Dental Council of India)
- The candidate should have passed in the second year Pre-University or 12th standard or Equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry & Biology and optional subjects and English as one of the language. It is mandatory, that the candidate has obtained not less then 50% of the aggregate marks or equivalent grade in the optional subjects is eligible for admission. (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category )
- He/She shall complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year for Admission to BDS Course.
Duration of the Course:
- The duration of the course is of 4 academic starting (Aug/Sept) years followed by one-year compulsory rotating internship (Residency).
Eligibility for other than Karnataka Students:
The Candidates who come from outside, must approach the Registrar, Sri Siddhartha University, Tumkur with following documents, for obtaining eligibility certificate for the B.D.S / M.D.S. Course.
- Photostat copies of Marks cards of the qualifying examination.
- Date of Birth certificate as recorded in the school/college.
- The Demand Draft of Rs.1500/- for UG Courses and Rs. 3000/- for PG Courses in the name of Registrar, SSU, being the fees for issue of eligibility certificate.
Eligibility for Foreign Students :
- Foreign/Non-Resident Indians, Who have passed 10+2 qualifying Examination with science subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry & Biology and who have not obtained less than 50% marks in aggregate at the above mentioned science subjects with English as compulsory subject, and whose qualification examination / Board / Universities are approved by the “Association of Indian Universities”, are required to apply for Eligibility Certificate with a prescribed format (available at University office).
- Note : Foreign students are required to get clearance and permission from the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India, New Delhi , before taking admission.
Eligibility criteria for admissions in PG
The University is conforming to the relevant regulations/ norms of the UGC and other statutory bodies concerned. Admissions will be made on All India basis to the identical courses through a common entrance test conducted by the University. All India Entrance Test at various centers all over the country for admission to all discipline of the University. The Candidates will be admitted to various courses on the basis of merit in the entrance test. Students seeking admission should have valid entrance scores. Allotment of the course (For PG Courses) will be done by Centralized admission policy of the University.
Following are the minimum requirements for admission to Dental PG Degree :
- The candidate should have studied and passed the courses leading to the award of BDS Degrees in colleges recognized by Dental Council of India.
- The candidate should have completed compulsory rotating internship.